Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"The Wise Deduce, The Foolish Simplify" (Part 1)

I truly want for you all to see me. Feel me. Know me.

Alas, language already does too much to hinder thought and expression. What I write here is but the compressed, black and white representation of just one portion of a constantly evolving and rotating image in my head. To say that I cannot relay to you my vision is false - it will just take a supreme effort that until now I've never attempted to prove myself capable of.

We as a species feel a need to find distinction between things. Water and rock. Black and white. Christian and Buddhist... I certainly understand the inclination, and the more logical and scientific aspects of self recognize this practice as necessary. Indeed there are differences in the materials around us, as are there different species, elements, energies.. My mind is not your's, nor is your's mine.. Of course I understand this..

But what if there's more? What lies between and under the separation of things.. What is it that connects all things? What makes one thing the balancing force of another? A friend of mine and I recently got into a highman's conversation about the nature of things. Religion, human purpose, existence.. I believe it was during this conversation where I had first imagined and tried to express the idea that I hope will evolve into my philosophy and my Way, via this merging of thoughts/ideas:

-The one thing we seem to realize as absolutely True is mathematics. Science can be wrong/lacking due to human err, religion most certainly is as well, people almost always are.. But if you formulate an equation validly, then you will always find some true value..

-There is no such thing as random. There never has been. Surely you are aware of this? Every thought that you've ever had, for reasons you may or may not fully understand, stem from some other thought or idea or stimulus. Everything you do or have done has been in response to something you experience.. Even the natural world beyond consciousness. Snow doesn't randomly fall, it does not randomly rain. Although perhaps sudden, there are no random earthquakes or hurricanes or tsunamis. Every single last thing that ever has or will happen - on the most infinitesimal or grandiose scale - is the product of some particle bouncing off of some other particle that for certain bounced off yet another. Had we the computational power or capacity to calculate any infinite number of variables leading to any event (again, small or large), we would then find the end result of any and every thing, period - past, present, or future.

-There's So Much More to the world in which we live.. To consciousness.. To life. You know, from since childhood, I've had foretelling dreams and random dejavu dreams.. I am not the only person who finds them self more aware of the world around and beyond them in their sleep. I've had dreams foretell both amazing and awful circumstances to come, and to be aware of.. For as long as I can remember I'd have dreams months before an event (usually/seemingly of absolutely no real significance) transpires, and when it eventually unfolds, I'll remember the dream, the thoughts I had during the dream (I am usually rather aware of when I am having a 'dejavu dream'), etc.. Because there is really so little known about how the mind works, these occurrences, however common or rare, are ignored or hardly noted. But just think about this: in one's sleep, when the mind is no longer occupied with the physical realm of your existence, and time is no more essential an illusion than anything else one may dare to dream - that person has at least once in their lives proven themselves capable of seeing through their own eyes at a future time and place... The only thing more amazing to me than that is the fact that we all do so much to diminish the value of such an amazing phenomenon.. To that end I give credence to the actuality of a mystical realm...

Now think about these things. The things we do and do not know, what we do and do not understand, and how thusly they are simplified and compartmentalized... Someone, please explain to me why the world need be so presented to me in black and white? Why do things need to be simplified to me as "either this or that", when some things (most things) seem so ill-suited to such categorization? There is Always a gray area, and within such space lie all the potential for a better understanding of things.. A better opportunity to overlap different ideas to provide fuller albeit more complex explanations for phenomena.. I speak of a Unity of things.. Where some myriad of concepts and structures can mesh to provide actual Truths. Surely, gray leaves such need for definition - and perhaps that may still be found.. But to simplify for sake of lesser but easier understanding is a fool's game to me.. I hate the idea that my having been born in this age leaves me forever subject to this failing of human nature.

It seems to me the case that all things, ideas, concepts - are connected in some primal sense or another.. For the scientist who decries the falsehood of religion and an unquantifiable "mystical realm".. To the creationist whom finds his only truth in the (simplified) words from his/her Revered Book. To the mystic who seems bent on ignoring any and everything but the interpretation of their numerology and astrology... Are you not all blind to the full and Real potential of finding truth and enlightenment? And to what end? To believe in something is not wrong - to falter to intolerance and the inability to adapt and evolve is.

No comments:

Post a Comment